Saturday, April 30, 2011

Easter Sunday

One of my coworkers organized an Easter feast for us at the US Navy’s Seamen’s club. A group of about 8 of us took cabs to the club and we were greeted by many white faces. The food was pretty good (nothing like home cooking, but I can’t be too picky). Considering the fact that there was no kimchi anywhere, I was quite pleased. We had ham, roast beef, lamb, potatoes, salad and soup… it was nice.

After we had all eaten WAY too much we went home to try to sleep it off. I ended up walking on the beach for a bit because the festival was still going on, but then decided I could go for a nap.

Later on that evening I got a phone call from my friend Amanda saying that she bought a puppy (yay!!). I was happy to get the call because I had become slightly homesick and was thinking about how I was so far away from home and family (I can only imagine how Christmas is going to be).

Anyways, I got dressed and went over to see Amanda and her new puppy…. what a mood booster! He was so cute and he instantly lifted my spirits.

I think it’s really important to have a sense of community here, so I consider myself very blessed to have friends that can perk me up (and the puppies help too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment