Tuesday, April 17, 2012

April 12—Birthday Spa Day




Our time in Kuta was very nice.  I spent quite a few days recovering from my “Bali Belly” which meant a lot of time spent in bed and laying around the pool.  It was a nice change in pace because Jessie and I had been fairly tour crazy before that.

One day, we went to Kuta beach and played in the waves.  The water is much rougher than other places we had been to so there were many surfers and surf schools.  Jessie and I decided just to relive our youth and spend the afternoon splashing around in the waves.  It was great fun and we met quite a few nice Indonesian guys (they were quite intent on taking photos with us…odd because there are so many foreigners in Bali). 

Thursday was a special day for Jessie and I.  It was our last day in Bali and it was a day that I had planned last year as an early birthday present for Jessie.  I had booked us into the Bali Green Spa for the Total Body Cleansing package which included an aromatic massage, body scurb, body polish, foot wash and massage, herbal creambath, a rejuvenating facial and a flower petal bath.  This was followed by sweet ginger tea and chocolate cake…. Ahh!

Jessie and I had our own private garden gazebo (very romantic) where we received all of our treatments together.  It was beautifully decorated with waterfalls, birds chirping and a subtle breeze blowing in through the sides of the gazebo.  Both of our masseurs were amazing and did such a great job.  The massage was the best that I received in Asia and I loved the creambath; it made my hair so soft and was so relaxing. 

In total, we were at the spa for just over 4 hours.  It was the best spa experience I have ever had and was one of the nicest things Jessie and I have done together (apart from being totally honeymoonish).  We were taken back to our hotel completely stress free and very rejuvenated.  I wish this spa existed in Canada. 

No comments:

Post a Comment