Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Haeundae Sand Festival

This past weekend was the Haeundae Sand Festival. It was beautiful weather and the beach was packed! When I arrived at the beach I met up with Ross, Nicole and their friend. We wandered around and looked at the various sand sculptures… to say they were amazing would be an understatement.

One of the great things about having a festival so close to home is that there’s lots of familiar faces around. It was great to meet up with various people throughout the day and to be introduced to friends of friends.

In the evening, a group of us got together in my area and went to some bars on the beach. Eventually Ross and Nicole came back to my place to spend the night…. it was fairly crammed in my little apartment but it worked.

The next day, I met a new friend at a picnic. Jessi is an awesome person and I’m so glad I was able to meet her. She’s super upbeat and we have many things in common, so I have a feeling I’ll be seeing a lot of her over the next few months.

Jessi and I ran some errands and then headed back to the beach where we enjoyed the sculptures and went swimming in the ocean (my first time in Korea!). The water was cold but we played Frisbee which took my mind off of it.

Luckily, Monday was another holiday here so Jessi spent Sunday night at my place (she lives about an hour away) and the next day was another beach day! We enjoyed the warm weather, went to a small amusement park, and then sat on a patio and had drinks… I’m so glad summer is here!

I ended the day with a trip to the spa with a couple girl friends… the perfect way to relax and unwind and get ready for the week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment