Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Welcome to the World, Baby Taehan


As many of you already know, my good friends Nicholas and Sora are expecting their first child. Over the past year, I have had the opportunity to grow very close with them both and have been there for their wedding, a baby shower, their first Christmas as a married couple and now for the birth of their first child.

Earlier this week, Amy and I went over to Sora and Nicholas’s house for dinner. We were all picking dates predicting when baby Taehan would enter the world. Nicholas was sure it would be Friday, I put my name in for Saturday, Sora decided it would be Sunday and Amy guessed for Monday. The plan was that the winner would get a gift of their choosing. I had my fingers crossed.


Sora and Nicholas came to the hospital on Saturday night, after her water broke. They spent the night waiting and on Sunday, Sora went through 13 hours of labour to deliver baby Taehan at 7:56pm. He is a beautiful and healthy baby and weighed in at 3.2kgs, which is about 7 pounds. Taehan’s name means grand and loyal one.


At around 11:30pm, Amy and I went to the hospital (which is conveniently located across the street from me) to visit Sora, Nicholas and Taehan. Sora looked remarkably good and was in high spirits considering she just had a baby. The nurses all seemed very friendly and we enjoyed catching up on the experience.


At that time, Taehan was with the nurses being checked and monitored. By about 12:30am, the nurses brought him in and we were able to watch both Nicholas and Sora interact with their new treasure. They were both so captivated by this precious little baby.

For Amy and myself, it was the first time that I had seen a baby so young. He was only about 5 hours old when we saw him. He was so tiny and perfect!


Nicholas and Sora were both getting used to handling him and taking on the role of parents. I know that they will be wonderful parents and I’m excited to stay in contact with them both and watch Taehan grow up.

Congratulations Sora and Nicholas!

No comments:

Post a Comment